These are just some of the things that I use the oils in my doTERRA Home Essentials Kit for. The Home Essentials Kit contains the top 10 oils.
Lavender Essential Oil Ideas:
- Place 4 drops in your diffuser 15 minutes before bedtime, and let it fill your room with the aromatic comfort that is Lavender, ready to calm you into a restful sleep.
- Add a couple of drops to your bath tub, (along with some Himalayan bath salts- optional) for a calming and relaxing bath. Get my Bath Salt recipe here.
- Place a single drop in your palm along with a single drop of Frankincense and a 5c piece size squirt of Fractionated Coconut Oil, for an AMAZING night blend for your face.
- Place it neat onto your spider bites or mozzie bites to relieve the itch or sting with the antibacterial qualities it possesses.
- Rub it into the feet of your little ones with some FCO to calm down or support their sleep. You can also put a drop or two on their pillows or PJs if they prefer.
- Next time you bump that hot oven or frying pan, put a little lavender on it to reduce the swelling and ease the redness and sting.
- Add a couple of drops of Lavender to some aloe gel and rub it into your sunburn to take that ouch out of it and give you some needed relief.
- Make a roller of lavender, peppermint and lemon and roll it around your nose and chest to relieve those nasty sinus symptoms or hay fever. Be sure to dilute it with FCO and not get the mix close to your eyes.
- Rub lavender into your temples and the back of your neck to ease feelings of anxiousness after a stressful day.
- Make a bedroom spiritzer with 1/3 witch hazel and 2/3 water. Add 10 drops of lavender oil and 5 drops of cedarwood oil and give a spray to your sheets as you make your bed. The antibacterial properties of both oils will serve you well and when you throw those sheets back for bedtime the aroma will welcome you.
Peppermint Essential Oil Ideas:
- Add a few drops to your diffuser with Wild Orange for an uplifting blend, which also supports your focus and smells amazing.
- Massage a drop into the rear of your head or neck to relieve the feelings of motion sickness when traveling or the onset of a headache.
- Mix a drop to two with FCO and run it down the spine of a loved one to aid in the reduction of fever.
- When suffering an afternoon slump or needing a ‘pick me up’ on nightshift, place a drop of Peppermint, Wild Orange and Frankincense into your palm, rub them together and inhale deeply, then rub any left overs into your neck. Total alertness will be you.
- If you have eaten something smelly and your breath is in need of a freshen up, place a drop of Peppermint in some water and swoosh it around your mouth. Spit it out and you’re good again.
- A super respiratory support, smell it directly from the bottle or put it on a tissue and sniff away all day long when those airways need a little help.
- Place a drop in your palm, rub your hands together and cup them to your face, breathing it in before a run, or a workout to increase your lactic threshold in your muscles up to 25%.
- Grab some warm water, epsom salts and a few drops of Peppermint and soak those toes. A peppermint foot bath is beyond words for feet that have done a huge run or spent a long day in heels or even just been stood on all day and are tired. Increase that circulation and reduce that inflammation.
- Grab some cream cheese, icing sugar and cooking chocolate…add a couple of peppermint drops (too taste) and you have yourself some Mint Patties.
- Take a drop of Peppermint and some FCO and rub it in a clockwise direction on your belly to ease nausea or calm an angry belly.
Lemon Essential Oil Ideas:
- Take a drop in your water bottle to assist in balancing your Ph levels. The oil is from the lemon rind and not the pulp, so there are no nasty acids, leaving your tooth enamel intact and not making your dentist angry.
- Add a few drops to a rag and wipe down your stainless steel for a vibrant shine that also has the benefit of antibacterial qualities and it smells divine. Add a few drops along with some OnGuard to a mop bucket for your floors, or make a spritzer for your benches.
- Living in a house full of stinky men, Lemon in the diffuser is my friend. It will neutralise smells as it cleanses the air for you.
- Put a drop of lemon on a spoon with some Manuka Honey and send it down the hatch when you feel a sore throat on its way. Alternatively, put a teaspoon of Manuka Honey and a drop of lemon in some hot water, stir and consume, for a comforting honey and lemon drink to support your immune system keep hose unwanted bacterias at bay.
- Add a drop to your smoothies, guacamole, hummus, stir fry, fish, dressings or icings or desserts.
- Remove glue or paint from your hands by adding a couple of drops to your palms and rub, rub, rub!!!
- Wash your fruit in a sink of water with a couple of drops of lemon. It will clean off the pesticides and smell great.
- Make a natural wood polish using Olive Oil and Lemon oil or Wild Orange oil.
- Because Lemon promotes a healthy respiratory function, make a diffuser blend from a couple of drops of Lemon, a couple of drops of Lavender and a couple of Peppermint for seasonal relief.
- Add a few drops of lemon and white vinegar to the rinse section of your dishwasher to get that glass wear sparkling and bacteria free.
Tea Tree Essential Oil Ideas:
- I add a few drops (3-4) to my dirty/ stinky boys baths to get rid of those germs. It has wonderful antibacterial qualities so I know they come out clean.
- Rub it into your funky toes or athletes foot to clear things up and have you back to being a foot model. Don't forget to use it on your feet if you have just used a communal shower too, like at the gym.
- Applied either neat or diluted, it will take that itch from mozzie bites, so in this Aussie climate, its a must have!
- Apply it to directly to razor cuts, scratches or gravel rash when they happen to fight nasty germs and support healing. A great one for mums handbag, in a ready made roller ready to go, or in ur kit bag for work for a quick hand sanitiser on the job.
- Mix a few drops with FCO for a nourishing moisturiser, you can add others like lavender, frankincense or geranium to give it an extra boost of oil love. Its cleansing to the skin and aids in blemish reduction.
- Spray your mattress with water and Tea Tree when you change the sheets.
- Give your immune function a boost and rub it into the bottoms of your feet or the feet of your loved ones. Give it an extra kick by adding a drop off onGuard too! Great to put under socks in winter!
- Put 10-12 drops into a large spray bottle and you have yourself a chemical free cleaner. It does the job of the commercial ones without the toxins.
- Make a spritzer with 6 drops of Tea Tree, 6 drops of Lavender and 6 drops of Rosemary. Spray it in your kids hair and not only will they smell delightful, but nasty head lice will avoid them like the plague. You can put a drop or two in your shampoo too and it will do the same thing and prevent dandruff.
- Mix Tee Tree, Lavender and Frankincense with some FCO and put it on bubba’s bum between changes to ease and prevent nappy rash.
Oregano Essential Oil Ideas:
Please remember that Oregano is a HOT OIL and always requires heavy dilution for topical use. DO NOT put it near your ‘pink bits’ or any sensitive areas.
- Apply to warts and skin tags over a 10 day period to aid them disappearing. Remember to dilute it though.
- It is a great oil to support your respiratory function, so add it to your diffuser in winter with some EasyAir or combine the two oils with some FOC and run it down your spine.
- Add a drop to your kitchen concoctions. I add a couple of drops it to my Spag Bol and soups and my family have no idea they are supporting their immune systems as they eat.
- Add a drop to some OnGuard and some FCO and massage it into the feet of your littles ones during the winter months to fight off nasties and support that immune system.
- When standing at weekend sport in winter, add a couple of drops to your hands with FCO and rub together. The heat will warm up your body.
- Make your kitchen benches sparkle and germ free with a couple of drops of Oregano mixed with some white vinegar. You could also add a drop or two to your OnGuard Cleaner Concentrate.
- Oregano is one of the trusted oils in the amazing OnGuard soft gels. I add a drop to some Manuka Honey in winter when I feel something on it’s way and its safe to give to the kids.
- Diffuse in the bedroom of your little ones when they are feeling unwell. Mix with Lemon or Wild Orange or OnGuard to make it smell a little less like spag bol.
- Put couple of drops in a capsule in winter with some OnGuard and Lemon when a Giant Boost is required.
Frankincense Essential Oil Ideas:
- Add to your diffuser to amplify the therapeutic or emotional benefit of other oils.
- Frankincense supports healthy cells, so place a drop under your tongue daily and let it travel through that ‘blood/brain barrier’ to support your brain and body.
- Dilute and apply to scars and watch the results for yourself.
- Massage a drop into your finger nails to give them extra strength.
- Layer with Ice Blue Rub and massage into muscles and joints requiring support with recovery after a workout or to decrease inflammation and pain following an injury.
- Place a drop of Frankincense, Lavender and Lemon in your hands and breath the shit outta it to calm you from a stressful day and ease tension. Rub the remittance on the back of your neck. It smells divinely uplifting so you will make others around you feel uplifted too.
- Massage into your neck to reduce tensions and aid sleep at nighttime.
- Massage it into your temples and the back of your neck to improve concentration and focus.
- Place two drops of Frankincense and two drops of Lavender into an unscented cream and rub into your face at night as an evening cream. Its soothing to the skin, cell rejuvenating and known well for the anti-aging properties it possesses.
- Place a drop under your tongue to increasing alertness. Great for those studying or coming off nightshifts.
EasyAir Blend Ideas:
(known as Breath in the US)
- Are you having a panic attack and finding it hard to breath? Are you feeling anxious? Put a drop in your palms and inhale the shit outta it!
- Drop some into a nasal inhaler in winter to take with you to keep your nose clear and free from congestion.
- Diffuse at nighttime to support the respiratory system when you have a cough or throat tickle. Place a little diluted under your nose to give it an extra boost when you really need it.
- Do you have asthma or suffer sinus or seasonal allergies? Diffuse this blend throughout the day and night whenever you need relief to support respiratory discomfort.
- Dilute and apply to your chest when your in need of respiratory support, just like mum used to do with other brands. Do the same on the bottoms of your feet before bed when needed.
- Put a couple of drops in a bowl of hot water, throw a towel over your head and take some deep breaths ‘old school style’ to clear out those airways.
- Are you carrying grief? Do you just need a good cry? Throw some Epsom Salts in the bottom of the shower and a few drops of Easy Air. Turn your water on, get on in and get that shit off your chest? Gotta love a good cry!
- Eucalyptus is in this blend and is well known to stimulate mental activity. Put a drop in your hands and inhale the shit outta it when your hitting the 3pm doze time or your on nightshift.
- Does your partner snore? Try rubbing this blend into his/her big toe and then dilute some and rub it on their chest before bedtime. "You’re Welcome"
- Sneak it onto the pillow of a loved one who is not open to diffusing and watch them rest well.
On Guard Blend Ideas:
- Dilute and rub onto the feet of your little ones to support the immune system
- Rub neat onto your throat when you feel a sore throat on its way
- Add a couple of drops to a small amount of water and rinse your mouth then spit it out. It will eliminate nasty germs and smells and give your breath a fresh cinnamon scent.
- Wash the pesticides from your fruit by putting them in a sink of cold water and 10 drops of OnGuard.
- Rub a couple of drops on your hands to sanitise them after using a public bathroom or touching something/ or someone yuk.
- Add 10-15 drops to baking soda and rub it into your carpet. Allow it to dry and vacuums it up taking the bacteria and smells with it.
- Place a couple of drops of a cotton ball and place it in the vacuum to give your house a clean smell.
- Place baking soda in the bottom of your dishwasher with some white vinegar and a few drops of OnGuard. Turn that baby on and watch it eat through the grease ands grime leaving it grime free and smelling great.
- Add 10 drops to some bicarb, white vinegar and a couple of drops of lemon essential oil. Make a paste and put it onto the grease and grime in your oven. Leave it overnight and give it a wipe down in the morning for a toxic free clean.
- Diffuse at home or in the classroom to fight away airborne bacteria. AND Add a couple of drops of Black Pepper and Oregano during flu season to give the air on your house that extra bit of purity and have your little ones breath in the goodness to support their immune systems.
DigestZen Blend Ideas:
- Add a drop into a nip glass of water when you have reflux to sooth your burning throat
- Place two drops in your water bottle (glass) and drink it throughout the day to support your digestive system and aid healthy bowel movements.
- Have a glass of water with 1-2 drops in it and drink it down, to ease your belly if you are an IBS suffer of tend to get ‘blocked up’.
- Drink a drop in a glass of water 30 mins before a big meal to benefit your digestive system.
- Did you eat too much and have and a sore belly? Rub a couple of drops with some FCO in circles on your belly, in a clockwise direction to easy that blaaah feeling.
- Rub a couple of drops with some FCO on your belly in a clockwise direction to alleviate a nausea.
- Open the bottle and breath it in directly from the bottle with three deep breaths to support you through morning sickness.
- Add a drop of DigestZen and a drop of lemon to some water and swoosh it in your mouth to freshen your breath when your at a restaurant and have eaten something stinky.
- Dilute and rub across the bridge of your nose to aid sinus symptoms
- Dilute and rub into your temples and shoulders to reduce head tension
Ice Blue Blend Ideas:
- Dilute and rub into muscles before and after exercise to reduce discomfort and support muscle recovery.
- Rub neat into the arches of your feet when preparing for a long distance run to increase circulation and aid against cramping.
- Add a couple of drops to an unscented body cream and rub into areas suffering arthritis to give relief.
- Mix with FCO and lemongrass and rub into kids legs to support them with those nasty growing pains.
- Give your love a rub down after a workout, to ease those aches and pains and assist in recovery. Don't get carried away and touch any private parts cause it BURNS- Ha!
- For those of you who are suck at a desk all day, rub some into the back of your neck and upper shoulders to ease muscle tension.
- Dilute and rub into your temples and the back of your head to give yourself relief when suffering a headache.
- Take this to your next massage and ask them to use it on you.
- Apply neat to a muscle injury several times a day and feel the results for yourself.